1970 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 FastbackShaped by a thoroughbred racing history more distinguished than nearly any other American factory built special, the Boss 302 has become a legend for its ferocious Trans Am series performance, as well as, one of the most highly sought after collector cars of our time.
Conceived in response to initial defeats in the American Trans Am series, the Ford Mustang Boss 302, named after stylist Larry Shinoda's nickname for then Ford President Semon "Bunkie" Knudson, the venerable limited production Boss 302 would do much to regain Ford's reputation for "Total Performance".
This well cared for and handsome Bright Yellow 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, including Marti report, features:
- Numbers matching original 302cid V8
- Numbers matching original close ratio 4-speed manual transmission
- Original V code 3.91 Traction-Lok differential
- BA Black Rhino/Corinthian Vinyl bucket seats
- Shaker hood scoop
- Sport slats
- Am Radio
- Magnum 500 Chrome wheels
- Space saver spare tire
- Quick ratio steering
- Competition suspension with staggered rear shocks
- Functional front and rear spoilers
- Correct (non-date code) carburetor
- Correct (non-date code) distributor
- Correct Rev limiter
- Correct DOZE E1 FoMoCo radiator
- Correct Hurst Shifter
- And too much more to inventory here.
With a mere 7,013 Boss 302s produced in 1970, and only 3,820 featuring these paint and trim codes, and fewer still fitted with the V code 3.91 Traction-Lok axle ratio, this extremely rare, highly correct and original, and rapidly appreciating icon of the among the most important Mustangs will certainly prove to be one of the best investments one could hope for in the coming years!