1967 Oldsmobile 442Originally sold at the Collins dealership in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this beautiful Provincial White over Black, Matching Numbers 1967 Oldsmobile 442 4-speed convertible recently underwent a nut and bolt frame off restoration. In 1967 a total of 3080 convertibles were made, and out of these convertibles only 1518 were 4-speed cars. The car is just 1 of 78 white 4-speed cars.
The original options include:
- L78 4-4-2 Performance Package
- M21 Fully-Syn. Close Ratio 4-speed Trans
- U21 Rocket Rally Pack
- N40 Roto-Matic Power Steering
- N33 Tilt-Away Steering Wheel
- D33 Remote-Control Outside Mirror
- U69 AM-FM Radio
- P05 Super Stock 14 in Wheels
- D55 Sports Console
- G80 Anti-Spin Rear Axle
- A01 Soft-Ray Tinted Windshield and Windows
- V01 Heavy Duty Radiator
- A39 Deluxe Frt. & RR. Seat Belts
- Y74 Delete Paint Stripe
The 442 comes with original paperwork including:
- Window sticker
- Protecto Plate
- Owner%u2019s Manual
- Folding Top Operation manual
In unrestored condition the 442 was a clean, rust-free car. Prior to the restoration, there were no rotten spots in the body. The body was then removed from the frame and completely stripped and sand blasted. The frame and suspension parts have been dipped and coated with zinc primer.
- Engine is the original 390925 “E”, 400 CI. During the restoration it was bored .030 over.
- Steel crank is the original .010/.010 with IWC radius
- Pistons are the Dana Flat Top fitted with Dana Moly rings
- Cam is a W-30 Dana cam
- Original oil pan, and pick up
- NOS harmonic balancer and flywheel have been resurfaced.
- Heads have the original 394548 “C” casting
- Trans is the original rebuilt Muncie M-21 with new seals, bushings, and fluid.
- Hurst shifter is the original and was send to Hurst to be completely rebuilt
- Bell housing is original, and the clutch is a new Borg Warner 11%u201D.
Other new items include:
- Water pump
- Fuel pump
- Starter and Alternator
- New distributor, car rotor, ceramic wites, coil and belts
- Modine cooling system: radiator water pump, hoses, fan, car, overflow tank, heater core
- Electrical system: voltage regulator, battery cables, 63 amp alternator
- Dana: steering box, ps pump, center link, innter and outer tie rod ends and sleeves
- Dana front suspension, lower ball joints, springs, upper and lower central arm bushings and stops, new gas shocks, sway bars end links and frame bushings
- Correct HD finned drums, shoes, hardware, wheel cylinders, hoses, master cylinder, studs nuts bearing and seals
- Rear Axle: new bearings, seals, yoke cover, fluid additive
- Drive shaft: balanced with Neal Super duty hardened joints