Finished in most desirable Black over Black, this 2007 BMW M6 has traveled just over 12,700 miles since new and has been enthusiast owned as part of a BMW collection. The car has always been serviced by the dealership and would make an excellent addition to any BMW collection.
As a new introduction to the BMW Motorsport line up, BMW brought out a sportier version of the M5 — the 2-door M6. In true BMW M-car form, and similar to the M5, the new M6 was loaded with performance options available to the driver in multiple configurations. The horsepower, steering feel, suspension settings and transmission settings are all programmable and are always at the driver’s fingertips.
The BMW M5 V10 engine is a no so distant cousin to the motor developed for the BMW Formula 1 car. The motor is so free revving and perfectly balanced that you may find yourself running through the gears just to hear its song. BMW wanted 5 liters, and by using 10 cylinders, BMW Motorsport was able to extract exactly 0.5 liters per cylinder.
- 5.0-liter V-10 engine — 500 hp, 383 lb-ft. torque
- 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds
- Redline 8250 rpm.
The transmission is a Sequential Manual gearbox that offers 7 forward gears. Depending on the feel that the driver is looking for, there are a total of 11 different transmission shift settings not including the ultra high performance "launch control" option.
The suspension and brake systems were specially developed for the M6 and feature a number of options not available on the regular 6-series. The Electronic Damping Control features different driver-programmable suspension settings to achieve the exact ride the driver desires. The steering system is tied to the EDC settings and has 3 different settings. The enlarged brake system is more than ample and featured what was at the time, BMW’s largest brake system to date. Finally keeping the driver safe and sound in all driving scenarios is the Dynamic Stability Control system complete with driver-selectable M-Dynamic options.
- M Variable Differential Lock
- Specially modified and calibrated front and rear suspension
- Electronic Damping Control (EDC), specially conceived and calibrated for M6 performance/handling goals
- Special steering system: "quicker" than 6 Series, two levels of Servotronic power assist tied to EDC’s Comfort, Normal and Sport settings. Active Steering, optional on regular 6 Series models, is not available.
- Compound, cross-ventilated disc brakes – sharing with the M5 BMW’s largest-dimensioned, most powerful brakes ever – with black-painted calipers, 2-piston front calipers
- 19-in. wheels with Z-rated performance tires in differentiated front/rear sizes
- BMW M-calibrated Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with selectable M Dynamic Model
For the BMW enthusiast looking for a car with equal parts performance and luxury, the BMW M6 was, and still is one of the most advance production cars of its time and this fine example has just 13k miles.