This Factory Five Cobra is a Mk III body that was purchased in 2008 and has just over 6,000 miles since completion. It’s finished in the Ford GT color Tungsten Silver over a black interior.
The engine is a Ford Strokers 408 small block running a Mass Flo fuel injection system. With the current set up, this motor absolutely rips and makes 410 rear-wheel horsepower on the dyno running a conservative tune. In this little car, that’s a whole lot of “go.”
Engine Block Specs:
- FordStrokers 408 Liberator small block
- Oven baked
- Cylinders bored on Kwik-Way Boring Bar and table
- Finish honed on Sunnen hone with aluminum torque plates
- Plateau Brushed for instant ring seal
- Main bearing bores honed
- Deck surfaced on a Winona Van Norman surfacer
- Chamfered oil drain backs, oil filter inlet
- Threaded holes chased
- Lifter Bores honed
- FordStrokers 4340 forged steel 4.0 crank
- FordStrokers 4340 Forged Steel H Beam connecting rods
- Wiseco 2618 Forged Pistons
- Clevite 77 main, rod and cam bearings
- ARP main studs
- Comp Cams Ex274HR
- Melling oil pump
- ARP Head bolts
- 4130 Chromoly pushrods
The suspension is running FFR control arms in the rear, a 3-link setup and Koni shocks on all four corners.The transmission is an Astro Performance T5 that has a smooth but engaged feel. The rear end is an 8.8 housing with 3.55 Posi gears. The brakes are from a Mustang and the big fat stance is created with Halibrand reps wearing 275/40/75 tires on the front and 315/35/17 tires out back.
The interior layout is all business with Factory 5 buckets, Factory 5 steering wheel, Simpson harnesses, and an e-brake.
For the Ford enthusiast looking for a classically styled road rocket, this Cobra is a manageable missile that can be cruised with ease.