Finished in blue over white paint this 1986 GMC pickup was a clean, rust free truck prior to the build and now has just over 13,000 miles since it was completed. This is a reliable truck that can be driven regularly and thoroughly enjoyed. It was built by industry professionals and she’s an absolute blast.
The engine is an LS3/430 HP GM crate engine hooked to a Bowler Tru-Street 4L60E with a 2000 stall lock up converter. The 6.2 Liter LS3 is a versatile engine that makes for one of the best street cruisers ever produced by GM. The engine runs the Vintage Air front runner set up and is cooled with a Holley Frostbite radiator. The engine exhales through a set of Blackheart headers and a complete Holley Blackheart exhaust system. The 1500 still has dual fuel tank capability which can be switched on the dash.
The GMC was built with a RideTech Street Grip suspension and uses Baer 14” Pro Plus 6-piston brakes on all 4 corners with a Baer billet master cylinder. The Street Grip system greatly improves the ride quality and handling of the “Squarebody” platform. The system combines composite leaf springs, dual rate front coils, Delrin bushings, a larger sway bar, adjustable tube shocks and drop spindles to make it all happen. The truck rides on Forgeline CV3 wheels which were custom made for this application. They are forged 6061 and use all ARP fasteners.
The interior is all new including the restored bench seat, the dash, the door panels and carpeting. The AC has been upgraded with a Vintage Air Gen IV kit which gets you modern ac components and all new heating elements as well. The sound system is built with all Kicker audio components and sounds great inside the cab. It has Bluetooth and hooks right up to your phone.
The interior features new paint, new glass, new rubber and all new trim. This was a solid, rust free truck prior to restoration! The bed was done in Raptor coating and the bed cover(which can be removed) is a practical solution for road trips.
This is truly a truck that can be driven daily, on long trips. It has proven reliability, great handling, big brakes, and the engine set up is tried and tested.
- New GM LS3 430 HP Engine V
- Vintage Air Gen IV Kit with Front Runner
- GM E67 Controller and Harness
- Holley Blackheart Headers and complete stainless exhaust system
- Holley Frostbite Aluminum Radiator
- Dual Fuel Tanks
- Dynatech Steel Driveshaft
- Baer ReMaster Billet Brake Master Cylinder
- Baer 14″ Pro Plus 6 Piston brakes / Front & Rear
- Forgeline CV3 18″ Wheels
- BFGoodrich Comp II 275/40ZR18 Tires
- Kicker Stereo System Bluetooth Headunit / Radio
- Classic Instrument Gauges
- Raptor Bed Liner in Bed
- Truxedo Roll-up Bed Cover
- Mac’s Tie Down Anchor Plates In The Bed
- Ridetech Street Grip Suspension
- All New Interior and TMI Dash
- Bowler Tru-Street 4L60E with 2000 Stall Lock-Up converter
- HGM Electronics Stand-Alone Transmission Controller
- Lokar Shifter Bowler Billet Shift Bezel